Saturday 21 November 2015

How to retrieve files infected by shortcut virus

Some of my friends and I have experienced files in thumbdrives infected by shortcut virus. How does it look like? Refer to the picture below.

Google image

We did not know what to do except formatting our thumdbdrives which caused all our files deleted and could not be retrieved at all forever. It happened to me again for the second time. Fortunately, there was an IT technician taught me an easy way how to get back my files which were infected by shortcut virus.

This is how.

1. search "run"

 2. type cmd:e if your thumbdrive is at drive d, write "cmd:d", then enter


3. when you get the command prompt, write "e:", then enter

 4. write "attrib", then enter

 5. write "attrib -a -s -h /s /d" then enter


6. wait for a while, then open folder. You will find all shortcut virus is gone and you can open your files like normal. These steps are very useful to get rid of the virus immediately without internet. However, there are few anti virus application which can erase all virus including shortcut virus. I suggest you to download applications as below:

 1. SMADAV

Google image

2. UiTM Shortcut Removal

Google image

I hope this information is capable of solving your problems of shortcut virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment